Now Hiring – Office Manager/Grants Administrator
This position is responsible for organizing, coordinating and maintaining office operations and
procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency; maintains financial and
accounting records; maintains records for organization and board of directors. This position will
assist and report directly to the Executive Director.
TYPICAL DUTIES PERFORMED
• Performs administrative, accounting and support work involving all operations of Odessa Arts
• Attends all meetings of the Board; arranges and prepares notification of board meetings as
required by law; prepares board packets and agendas; records minutes of the meeting
and maintains accurate and complete records of all actions.
• Manages all aspects of payroll execution, including submission of all state, federal, and
county forms, taxes, and reports.
• Maintains office system for accounting, financial, and payroll;
• Reconciles bank statements and transfers/deposits money as needed;
• Responsible for payment of all bills;
• Tracking and reporting of Balance Sheet, Profit/Loss Statement, Check Detail, and other
regular reports as requested by Executive Director;
• Administer grant program from application through evaluation, including: review of
applications, scheduling of presentations, communicating with each applicant to answer
questions, request of grant funds to City of Odessa, awarding funds to applicants, review
evaluations, presentation of final disbursements of funds
• Ensures filing systems are maintained, secured, and protected;
• Coordinate communications (email blasts, social media, board communication)
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the membership program
• Responsible for all aspects of inventory for office supplies;
• Responsible for coordinating with all vendors and suppliers for the organization at the
direction of Executive Director;
• Organizes office processes and procedures by developing agreed upon systems;
• Responsible for positive experiences and impressions by outsiders who enter or call seeking
information about Odessa Arts
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Must have proficient knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
• Office administration;
• Proficiency and work experience with Quickbooks;
• Ability to maintain extremely high level of accuracy, confidentiality, and organization;
• Personal and positive spirit;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Analytical and problem solving skills;
• Decision making skills;
• Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills;
• Time management skills;
• Knowledge of iOS operating system and Apple products.
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field or
equivalent experience in the non-profit sector.
Demonstrated knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and techniques of accounting,
records and information management.
Experience in developing and maintaining records for a non-profit board of directors.
Experience with the certified audit process.
Skilled in written and oral communication to effectively provide support for projects and
accomplish work in cooperation with others.
Knowledge and love Odessa’s Cultural Industry.
Odessa Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability (mental or physical),
sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Salary will commensurate with experience. All interested candidates please send resume &
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.