Starting pay: $12.50/hr.
This position is responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing the activities of the executive office.
1. Primary phone coverage (first to answer all incoming calls)
2. Prepare and mail all US/UPS/Fed Ex packages.
3. Sort and distribute incoming mail
4. Oversee all aspects of publication orders including email blasts, written correspondence to membership, & Board of Directors; updates to social media and website.
5. Oversee all administrative aspects of seminars/meetings
including registrations, confirmations, certificates, badges & evaluations, preparation and mailing of materials to seminar site.
6. Assist Executive Director in the processing of Annual Meeting registrations, preparation of packets, badges and delegate materials. Prepare & send out materials for monthly board meetings.
7. Filing of materials in general files area
8. Assist with bookkeeping/accounting functions as appropriate
9. Support staff in administration of grants (workshops, applications, distribution of funds, evaluations)
10. Assist Executive Director in developing and instituting methods for quality control and accuracy in membership, conference, and other databases
11. Create database for grants
12. Assist Executive Director in execution of Public Art Projects.
13. May be called upon to assist with special projects and assume responsibility for the administration and promotion of specific projects, as required
14. Perform other duties as assigned
Must have formal training in office procedures and use of office equipment. Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing; pleasant telephone manner; able to think on feet when dealing with callers; customer service oriented approach to work. Knowledge of computers; specifically, experience in Apple products and Operating Systems is preferable. Working knowledge of Quickbooks a plus. Must have superior organizational skills and accuracy. Excellent problem solving and people skills also required. Bi-lingual preferred. Good driving record and liability insurance.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible to the Executive Director for all of the duties and responsibilities listed above and for other duties that the Director may assign during the duration of the employment. Because of his/her involvement in matters related to their responsibilities the Administrative Assistant would also be required to communicate frequently with the Board of Directors.